Controls Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We're currently recruiting for a Controls Manager on a 12 Month FTC covering maternity to support operational business personnel in maintaining effective controls across their process areas.
Why work for Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure the Risk and Controls matrix is up to date, including the addition of and deletion of controls and designing test scripts for new controls
- Transition the self-assessment programme out of pilot and into Business as Usual (for the key player facing process areas)
- Expand the self-assessment programme into other areas across the business
- Manage the timetable for controls testing to ensure we complete testing on a quarterly basis
- Act as the controls expert, training, advising and assisting the business in delivering first class testing on time
- Own the reporting preparation for the UK Finance Director and UK Executive Board
- Manage the remediation plans, ensuring that they are completed on time
What you’ll bring to the table
- Understands the practice of audit testing. Can identify testing populations, samples sizes and documentation required to test the effectiveness of controls
- Confident in interacting with various levels of stakeholders across the organisation
- Ability to articulate and stick to their findings without being swayed by others
- Is adept at timetabling and ensuring that others comply with the timetable
- Is comfortable in designing training material, training controls owners in testing techniques and answering queries
- Adept at analysing detailed data and presenting results in a clear concise manner
- Is comfortable with keeping logs, matrices in a presentable format
- Can draw clear conclusions from multiple sources of information
- Can work across different activities within the Compliance Team and provide cover for Compliance Activities performed outside of their usual day role
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.