Senior Network Engineer
Why work at Camelot?
Camelot is the home of The National Lottery. We currently turnover around £7billion per year across both retail and digital channels and we do this with a workforce of less than 1000 people - this means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
This role is responsible for configuring, designing and maintaining the range of networked services which support the Camelot business areas, including but not limited to the Corporate LAN & wireless, the Retail Network of 38k + terminals, the Interactive Channel (website) and our Contact Centre. The role ensures network technology is optimised to support and enable business objectives.
What you'll bring to the table
- Cisco routing and switching
- Build, configuration and support experience in the following – , Checkpoint, Cisco Firepower Firewalls & Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Expert Knowledge of Cisco ISE, Cisco WIFI Solutions & 802.1x
- Working knowledge of Checkpoint Firewall GAIA – R80 and VSX
- Expert knowledge of Nexus 7k including VDC, VRF and OTV
- Working knowledge of F5 load balancers (e.g. Viprion, BIG IP , GTM, LTM)
- Good understanding of WINS / DNS / DHCP / Multicast;
- Expert knowledge of Internet Protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, TP, IPSec);
- Expert knowledge of Routing Protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP, RIP (v2), EIGRP);
- Good understanding of VPN, VLAN, QoS , OTV and other network protocols;
- Working knowledge of Monitoring (e.g. Solarwinds, Cacti); Troubleshooting (e.g. Wireshark)
- Demonstrable knowledge of network high availability techniques; VRRP, HSRP, GLBP
- Candidates will have the knowledge and skills to independently design implement, operate, monitor and troubleshoot complex data centre networks.
- Provide third-line support and maintenance of our Data Centres, ensuring capabilities for automatic failover and the associated capacity are in place, tested and documented.
- Active contribution to the architectural design of the network, for improving the BAU functionality and consulting on projects which change network design.
- Analyse system performance, identify and resolve faults, integrate applications and maintain a sophisticated architecture fit for managing the dynamic and complex environment.
- Manage the various stakeholders reliant on network services; planning and prioritising their technical requirements.
- Challenge others to develop technical leadership while serving as a role model.
- Research and understand technical network trends, work with the architects to recommend potential improvement opportunities.
- Interpret and understand patterns and trends within and across reports to maintain reporting systems.
- Interpret business requirements and deliver technical specifications.
- Analyse system performance and conduct essential system administration tasks.
- Liaise with internal functions and external suppliers to maintain a robust and reliable network infrastructure.
- Work closely with project delivery teams to contribute to project planning and deliver the technical capabilities required.
- Contribute to the Disaster Recovery Planning processes.
- Develop cross-functional working relationships with all relevant individuals and departments to share technical capability, on-going plans and understanding evolving business requirements.
- To provide on-call technical support for business critical network functions out of normal business hours.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of annual leave and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. We’ll give you all of the kit and tools needed to succeed.