Data Protection Officer
It's at the forefront of every organisation that has has customer information. GDPR. While most organisations mobilise themselves for May 2018, we have made strong progress on this and looking to appoint a Data Protection Officer to lead and influence the organisation in privacy and protection thinking across all our key processes.
Why work at Camelot?
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
You will lead our data protection strategy and implementation to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements. However what this encompasses is the real challenge. Developing design privacy thinking is a huge task and ensuring everyone adopts this approach to new ideas and propositions is key.
The summary below will give you a flavour of what we want this role to achieve.
- Monitoring and recording GDPR compliance - including collecting information to identify processing activities, analysing/checking the compliance of processing activities and informing, advising and issuing appropriate recommendations;
- Advising across the business on all types of data protection issues - including providing briefings to the Exec and/or Board, informing individuals of their obligations under GDPR, giving detailed guidance on matters of compliance, informing all relevant decision makers of developments relating to data protection and advising on the risk elements of new and existing operations;
- Educating and training the organisation and employees at all levels - including in respect of data protection principles, processes and procedures for GDPR compliance and avoiding and dealing with data breaches;
- Cooperating with the ICO (and Gambling Commission) and being a first point of contact - including responding to complaints submitted to the ICO and, if required, data breach notification;
- Advising on and monitoring performance of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) - including a description of the processing activity and its purpose, outlining any risks and measure taken in response and advising on the methodology of the DPIA;
- Responding to individuals whose data is being or has been processed - including dealing with subject access requests, executing the right to be forgotten, and considering the restrictions on processing;
- Full involvement in all future data processing (privacy by design);
- Other duties may include data audits, writing and updating policies and procedures, and organising, monitoring and reviewing record keeping.
What you'll bring to the table
- Experience in a similar role is really important. This is a leadership role in our business so you have to demonstrate your leadership experience in Data Protection/Privacy.
- You will be working in a sector with a sizeable customer base: retail, travel, pure play digital, telecommunications - you will demonstrate you have worked with scale.
- A full understanding of, and appropriate demonstrable experience, in all aspects of UK data protection law
- An understanding of European and international data protection law;
- An in-depth knowledge of the GDPR;
- Ideally the CIPP/E and/or CIPM qualification(s) from the International Association of Privacy Professionals, and
- An ability to quickly develop a full understanding of the National Lottery and of Camelot's information systems and its data security and data protection needs.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.