Applications Support Specialist
If you're an experienced Application Support specialist with experience in Java, web-based, apps, this role could be ideal for you!
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
The Enterprise Applications Team are core to Camelot’s gaming operations. They are responsible for managing and maintaining the gaming systems that support The National Lottery, including the National Lottery website (www.national-lottery.co.uk), the applications on the network of National Lottery terminals and the backend transaction processing systems.
The team deals with a large variety of systems and technologies, so it’s an ideal role
for someone with a broad IT background who can turn their hands to anything.
What you'll bring to the table
- Experience in web application technologies, particularly HTTP, SOAP, HTML
- Experience of working in a highly available, high-volume transaction processing environment
- Experience of various scripting technologies, particularly Perl and Bash Shell
- Experience of working with Linux, AIX and Windows operating systems
- Experience of IGT Enterprise Series lottery systems
- Experience of environment provisioning using Puppet
- Knowledge and experience of SQL across various database implementations, including DB2 and MySQL
- TCP/IP networking, Load Balancer (ideally F5) and DNS knowledge
- Understanding of IT security concepts
- Support of development environments using agile methodologies and production environments within an ITIL framework
- Knowledge and experience of working with non-standard infrastructure set up and diagnosis
- Applications deployment, administration and support experience
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.