Health Safety and Environment Manager
Camelot are currently recruiting for a Health Safety and Environment Manager to join our small but perfectly formed team.
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- Establish, monitor and manage all standards, processes and systems to ensure that all health, safety and environmental responsibilities are met and adhered to.
- To ensure that the Camelot’s Health and Safety management and Environment system remains appropriate to its activities and to recommend any changes necessary to ensure its effectiveness.
- To ensure that Camelot is compliant with all appropriate legislation and advice on best practice including Acts of Parliament, Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice, Guidance Documents, British Standards and industry guidance.
- Driving continuous HSE Management System improvements.
What you'll bring to the table
- Should demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of Health Safety and Environment.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Occupational Safety and Health and Environment legal requirements.
- Applies best practices and knowledge of internal/external business challenges to improve processes and services.
- Has developed conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions, occasionally identifying innovative solutions
- Implements and adapts policies with the aim of improved efficiency and effectiveness across own team.
- Makes decisions within guidelines and policies; Decisions impact a range of standard and nonstandard customer, operational, process or project activities
- Monitors and controls costs of own work and may manage costs for small projects or programmes.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.