Story Reporter for The National Lottery
Jeez. This is an amazing role.
Working part of The National Lottery (TNL) Content Marketing team, this role plays a crucial role in deciding what stories we will tell about the amazing purpose we serve. Stories in our world is about our winners and ultimately about the stories of the positive impact The National Lottery has had on society through 500,000+ projects it has help fund over the last 24 years.
It's a new role for us but we know what we are looking for. You'll have outstanding news-sense; the ability to identify the right stories to put through the funnel. You will also tell the story, whether it be short form social copy to longer format pieces. You could be an journalist or PR pro looking to move into content marketing and communications.
Why work at Camelot?
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.850 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK's top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK's biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
You will find and go onto tell incredible stories. You'll understand the content requirements for the business and go onto source these stories. You'll then curate, create and amplify these stories through our channels and through external beneficiaries and media partners.
You'll work cross functionally with other departments within Camelot to understand the insight that drives the stories and content. The biggest difference you will make is connecting our players to life-changing purpose - which is unique. Every week over £30m is raised for good causes and lottery projects.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Proven research experience in a high pressure environment such as journalism/PR ornTV production.
- Strong creative ability to identify people centric stories and enable colleagues to produce/disseminate compelling content.
- Understanding of need to use data and insight to effectively inform story briefs.
- Proactive and positive, self- motivated and solutions orientated.
- Resilient and thrives on working in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Permanently curious about best in class customer experience.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing dynamics and business needs.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Highly organised, process driven and well planned.
- Both collaborative and emotionally intelligent.
- Team player whilst independent and enjoying autonomy.
- Self starter, highly motivated and adept at working in a fast paced environment.
- Able to see bigger picture and align their area of activity with the broader TNL business and MarComms strategy.
- A proven deliverer.
- Digitally conversant with experience in engaging segmented audiences and creating communities.
What we'll give you:
We look after our people. There's a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we'll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.