If this is one of the words you would use to define your next opportunity then read on. The challenge for our payroll manager will be on two fronts; firstly ensure we get to a place with our feet firmly forward to the delivery of payroll and query resolutions. Secondly the Payroll Manager will build a solid partnership with our partner (CoreHR) to deliver changes we need to make the system work for us.
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.850 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
You will manage the delivery of the monthly payroll via Core HR (our HRIS) bureau for the Company. Developing this relationship will make the biggest difference as we want to ensure the system is working for us in the right way.
As part of the wider HR Operations team, you will ensure the work you are doing crosses over with their processes to ensure a smooth and consistent way of working. You'll also play a key part in compliance; to HMRC, audit and company policies.
What you'll bring to the table
- Proven payroll management experience either in-house or working for a third party managed service provider across a similar workforce to ours (circa 900 employees).
- We are open to sectors in terms of background, however someone who has worked within a financial organisation would be amazing.
- You will bring strong experience of working with HRIS providers (payroll bureaus would be briliant as well) as this is a key relationship you will be managing.
- Detailed payroll knowledge sufficient to calculate Tax, NI, SSP and SMP, deal with complex employee pay queries and manage the year end payroll process.
- Disciplined and detail driven in your approach. We know where we want to be, its going to take lots of hard work and meticulous attention to detail.
- Team management experience - we need a real blend here; someone who will push the team to get things done quickly but be appreciative of workload and fostering a positive working environment.
- Resilience - we are not perfect, there will be bumps in the road. We know where we want to get to and its important this person is pragmatic and future thinking in their mindset.
- CIPP qualified, we'd take great experience over qualifications, but would be really impressed if you had the creds to back up your experience.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.