Camelot Group (Operators of The National Lottery) are looking for a Data Engineer to join an established, high performing, Data and Insight Team. Therefore if you're looking for the next step in your career into a large established organisation with an enourmous customer base - this could be the role for you!
Why work at Camelot?
Camelot is the home of The National Lottery. We currently turnover around £7billion per year across both retail and digital channels and we do this with a workforce of less than 1000 people - this means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference:
- Prepare player and retailer datasets in conjunction with Data Scientists in order to identify value generating opportunities for Players and Good Causes in the form of PRP deliverables - promotions, opt-in base and local good causes projects
- Turn mathematical algorithms into “production ready” code to personalise the experience for Players on mobile, online, in retail and in email communications
- Work with Data Protection and other stakeholders to design, build and optimise Data Governance using Data Engineering tools and techniques
What you'll bring to the table
- Experience from a computer science or software engineering background
- Experience in designing and building efficient and robust ETL workflows on premise or in cloud computing environments
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify and document requirements in order to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems
- Ability to build data processing systems using Python
- Experience in NoSQL or RDBMS databases
- Familiarity of statistical modelling tools such as SAS, R and Machine Learning Algorithms, although may not be an expert in their application
- Proficient in implementing complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of annual leave and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. We’ll give you all of the kit and tools needed to succeed.