Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Camelot Group (Home of The National Lottery) are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). Therefore if you're looking to take your career to another level and promote, upskill and encourage the use of automation across all Quality Assurance (QA) work-streams, page object model (POM) frameworks - this role could be ideal for you!
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.850 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- Ensuring we have the best-in-class test frameworks, continuously monitoring automation metrics and work closely with Test Managers to ensure all deliverables are met
- Implementation of automation strategy /frameworks to ensure production readiness and integrity across the entire UK National Lottery’s distributed Digital systems
- Lead all activities across various distributed digital systems, embedded in different QA work-streams
- Provide technical, automation, leadership across all test functions
- This is a hands-on roles and we expect you to be using your extensive automation and engineering knowledge to conduct testing alongside your team as well as helping to guide and develop them
What you'll bring to the table
- Experienced Automation Tester operating in a hands on role, implementing strategies and communicating with senior stakeholders
- Experienced with Web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML)
- Experienced in development or test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium Grid, Junit, SOAP-UI, Eclipse, Jenkins, CA-Lisa, Ant, Maven, Visual Studio, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA)
- The ability to work effectively with offshore teams, providing leadership and guidance whilst demonstrating an appreciation of the challenges for remote teams
- Expert understanding of both functional and non-functional test phases, providing hands-on involvement in designing and developing automation tests and conducting performance testing across tools such as Selenium or Appium
- Industry recognised software testing qualifications such as ISEB/ISTQB
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.