Senior Network Engineer
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
We're looking to recruit a Senior Network Engineer to join one of our specialist team who will play a key role in the design, implementation and support of our network infrastructure, including but not limited to the Corporate LAN & wireless, the Retail Network of 45,000+ terminals, the Interactive Channel (website) and our Contact Centre.
Our Infrastructure department provide the core IT services required to keep Camelot’s core systems and related processes working effectively and efficiently, providing technical support to all gaming and non-gaming systems and processes across the entire company.
Specifically our network team have the knowledge and skills to independently design implement, operate, monitor and troubleshoot complex data centre network. Also providing third-line support and maintenance of our Data Centres, ensuring capabilities for automatic failover and the associated capacity are in place, tested and documented.
What you'll bring to the table
- Good understanding of WINS / DNS / DHCP / Multicast;
- Expert knowledge of Internet Protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, TP, IPSec);
- Expert knowledge of Routing Protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP, RIP (v2), EIGRP);
- Good understanding of VPN, VLAN, QoS , OTV and other network protocols;
- Working knowledge of Monitoring (e.g. Solarwinds, Cacti); Troubleshooting (e.g. Wireshark)
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco Wireless and Cisco ISE
- Demonstrable knowledge of network high availability techniques; VRRP, HSRP, GLBP
- Working knowledge of all or some of the following Cisco products - 3750E, 4500, WLC, ASA 5520, Nexus 4000, 2960, 2811, 2911
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.