Junior Communications Manager
We're recruiting for a Communications Manager to join our Corporate Communications team based in our London office.
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have over 10.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions
How you'll make a difference
You will play a vital role in our Corporate Communications team in helping protect and enhance the reputation of Camelot and The National Lottery amongst the media & key stakeholders, whilst ensuring we maximise positive opportunities and address any negative coverage, commenting on Camelot, and where appropriate, The National Lottery.
What you'll bring to the table
- Experience of implementing PR programmes and strategies in trade, national and international press and broadcast media.
- Familiarity of developing day-to-day corporate activity in relation to the business, marketing, sales and retail press.
- Knowledge of managing specific day-to-day media liaison.
- Experience of working on specific projects, bids and activities.
- Experience of managing potentially negative media enquiries and issues, and an understanding of crisis management - to include the ability to identify media and corporate risks. Ability to produce responses to issues as appropriate and brief relevant media.
- Ability to work with immediate team and other stakeholders to develop and deliver consistency of message, as well as brief and disseminate business-critical information internally.
What we'll give you