We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK's top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK's biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
An exciting opportunity for an individual wishing to advance their career in a technical financial role
within an innovative multibillion pound business. You will be ACA/ACCA Chartered Accountant preferably from a Top Ten Audit Firm. The incumbent will be responsible for the financial records of Camelot UK Lotteries and its fellow group companies, to include ownership of the statutory reporting process, monthly management reporting, and reporting to the group’s ultimate
shareholder, OTPP. This role will report to the Group Financial Accounting Manager and will include shared management of two Graduate Trainees who work under a bi-annual role rotation.
- You will have overall responsibility for the annual audit process including maintaining and developing relationships with auditors, ensuring the prepared by client information is prepared on a timely basis, and the preparation of the Financial Statements of 6 group companies of which 3 of these are consolidated group accounts prepared under IFRS
- You will be required to respond to queries from the Gambling Commission regarding the information contained in the Annual Financial Statements
- Responsible for preparing the Group Consolidation on a monthly basis and writing a report on company performance for distribution to the group majority shareholder, OTPP
- Agreeing an intercompany reconciliation process to ensure that all group parties communicate, agree, and sign off their intercompany postings on a monthly basis
- In addition ensuring that all P&L and BS intercompany items are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Working alongside the tax team to reconcile the CAM and CBS VAT control accounts on a quarterly basis and for investigating and correcting any identified reconciling items
- Inaddition working with the tax team to understand the monthly corporation and deferred taxposition of the group
- Business partnering with the HR team to ensure that the payroll journal is correctly recordedon a monthly basis and to ensure that all balance sheet items relating to payroll are reviewed and reconciled
- Analysing redundancy costs and LTIP payments as they arise and managing the presentation of these costs alongside the Commercial Finance Team
- Preparation of the monthly bonus accrual for over 800 employees by factoring in both company and individual performances in order to create a detailed monthly accrual
- Responsible for working with the PR team on an annual basis to ensure that our Press Releases accurately reflect financial information
- Shared management of 2 Graduate Trainees who operate on a 6 monthly role rotation within the finance team
- Responsible for reviewing the weekly and monthly cash reconciliations over multiple accounts and ensuring that the direct reports are well supported in investigating any reconciling items
- Responsible for preparing the monthly Cash Flow Statement and for working with the Cash Manager to ensure that variances from budget are properly understood and explained
- Accumulating and maintaining Camelot’s Accounting Policies Manual to include explanations of currently applied standards and practices, as well as documenting analysis of the impact that any future changes in accounting standards may have on the company
- Working in conjunction with the Commercial Finance team to provide input into the budgeting and reforecasting process by supporting assumptions used to forecast the balance sheet and cash flow state
We look after our people. There's a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we'll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.