Camelot Group (Home of The National Lottery) are looking for a SQL Analyst within our Strategy, Data & Insights team. If you have strong SQL and analytical/insight experience and want to develop your career in an exciting company working with The National Lottery's Instant Win Games portfolio, this could be the ideal role for you!
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.850 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- The ability to build and develop a deep understanding of all games in the IWG portfolio; their performance, their players and motivations
- Develop and provide clear and actionable understanding of the levers that drive play, the ways in which our games work and the relative appeal of their different features relating to marketing activities and player engagement
- Provide clear and actionable insight through a good understanding of SQL to enhance the player experience and key drivers of player behaviour loyalty/advocacy
- Use knowledge to develop foresight capability to influence Category teams towards the informed decisions, Proactively monitor continuous player and associated sales trends to highlight potential risks or opportunities
- Work closely with the Analytics and Insight business partners and the rest of the S,D&I team to ensure learnings are incorporated into the holistic Consumer insight for the Category
What you'll bring to the table
- Ability to interpret/analyse complex customer and transactional data in an efficient way to drive insight and knowledge across Brands/Categories
- Proven analytical skills using SQL, and ideally SAS/R and Business Objects
- Experience in developing business reporting and KPI dashboards for a full pictureof channel and consumer performance
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.