Marketing Optimisation Manager
Do you love making real time decisions to optimise marketing performance? With one of the top 20 media spend budgets in the UK, the Marketing Optimisation Manager role at Camelot could offer you scope to make a huge difference for one of the nation's best loved brands. Whether your experience is inhouse or agency side, we would love to hear from you.
Why work at Camelot?
Camelot is the home of The National Lottery. We currently turnover around £7billion per year across both retail and digital channels and we do this with a workforce of less than 1000 people - this means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- Identify opportunities to increase marketing return on investment (ROI) through optimising the media strategy
- Identify areas within the portfolio to test marketing strategies
- Providing insight value add through commentary and interpretation of reports and presentation of analysis to management.
- Producing post campaign analysis to support future campaign planning and development and improve campaign effectiveness.
- Collaborating with colleagues working on creative evaluation to ensure a holistic understanding of marketing performance is understood by the business.
- Ensuring all campaign analysis is presented in a manner that is clear, concise and understood by all recipients and recommendations are actionable and actioned by the execution teams
- Leading on the delivery of 3rd party econometric models. Ensure the findings are presented, understood and actioned by the business.
- Utilising econometric results to optimise media buying strategy - optimising channel mix, phasing, weight of spend and overall budget allocation across portfolio.
- Working with 3rd party agencies to integrate creative measurement metrics into econometrics evaluation and media optimisation.
- Leading on introduction of digital attribution by 3rd party
- Provide detailed analysis and Insight into the performance of digital marketing communications to the player base that informs improvements to the base contact strategy.
What you'll bring to the table
- Strong experience in building econometric models and detailed knowledge of how they are best used within a marketing context.
- Experience with statistics or statistical packages. Must have experience using statistical modelling techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate where they have used output from econometrics to influence business decisions
- Must have direct experience of using econometric outputs to optimise media budgets. Must have working knowledge of phasing, budget allocation & response curves.
- Must have ‘hands on’ experience of working with data from a variety of sources – with a particular focus on media data. Must have experience working with large data sets.
- Must have worked with and understand various data types – customer, transactional, web traffic and have experience in using these for analysis
- Thorough and detailed understanding of marketing across all channels is essential
- Must have experience of measurement methodologies in different media channels and have used these to drive marketing comms strategy.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of annual leave and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. We’ll give you all of the kit and tools needed to succeed.