Head of Product - Mobile & Retail
Camelot is looking for a “Head of Product - Mobile & Retail” to join our team - a strategic, visionary and experienced hands-on product leader who can take ownership of The National Lottery and Retail mobile products.
The role spans across B2C and B2B with The National Lottery App, our Retailer’s digital tools, and supporting digital capabilities in the retail sales channel. This means that there is a great variety and scope in the day to day runnings of the team and roadmaps.
You will be responsible for defining, and building a scalable set of mobile products, that are an integral part of the wider strategy to drive sales for good causes and keeping the customer at the heart.
You will work closely with colleagues across UX/UI, Insight, Digital Marketing, Portfolio (the games), Retail, and IT to deliver the best solution for our players and retailers, in line with company KPIs and metrics. You will be joining a motivated and ambitious team, who are forming and shaping how we work together with our Development colleagues and the broader business.
Why work at Camelot?
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
What you'll bring to the table
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap. This will involve influencing/inputting into the business (and digital) strategy, and ensuring alignment with that business strategy as well as customers’ expectations
- Execute best in class ideation (which will surface new opportunities)
- Product manage the key customer journeys (eg Registration, Play, Pay, Check Results) - using data to measure performance
- As the Product champion, you will be the key point of contact for both commercial and technical colleagues - leading cross-functional teams to realise product concepts and bring them to market. Work with customers and internal stakeholders to define and refine product requirements
- Be the centre of excellence for all customer interaction design - drive the overall TNL user experience on your products
- Actively shape, support and drive ways of working changes, with the objective to “strengthen our change capabilities, to deliver continuous improvement and innovate faster with integrity”
- Manage, recruit and develop great Product people
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.