Due to an internal promotion we are looking for Payroll Administrator to join the People team and help support the process in paying our people.
Why work at Camelot?
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.850 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK's top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK's biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
By paying our people! Sounds simple but the work to get there is what makes this role challenging. There are still processes and checks which are manual and thats the world we live in. We are working hard to improve this in the future but the here and now is about you being planned and organised to get through the requests the Payroll team receive on a weekly basis.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Previous experience in a payroll is critical. This ain't the role for someone green to learn the ropes. (Sorry!)
- Experience with manual processes- we obviously welcome experience with automation but the reality is that this while we solve problems in the future the now is very much about having great attention to detail.
- HRIS knowledge is great - we use CoreHR here, they all do the same stuff (pretty much!)
- Experience processing: pension contributions, childcare vouchers, salary increases, allowances (car, shift etc), starters, leavers, overtime, changes to T&Cs.
- Atttention to detail (If you've read this correct, you'll know there is an error!)
- Good communicator both in person and over email.
- Detailed payroll knowledge sufficient to calculate Tax, NI, SSP and SMP, deal with employee pay queries, assist with the year end payroll process and share payroll knowledge with HR colleagues.
- Experience of managing and auditing payroll and other employee payments for a similar sized company.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel sufficient to produce letters, reports and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrable skills in organising process and procedural information and documentation.
- Knowledge of document management and change control techniques.
What we'll give you:
We look after our people. There's a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we'll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.