Camelot, operator of The National Lottery, is looking for a Lead Auditor to join its Business Assurance function to work across our business - Amazing could start here!!
Why work at Camelot?
- Camelot is the home of The National Lottery. We currently turnover around £7billion per year across both retail and digital channels and we do this with a workforce of less than 1000 people - this means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- To assist the organisation in achieving its strategic objectives, through the provision of independent and objective assurance work
- To assist the Head of Internal Audit deliver the Internal Audit and wider BA Priorities
- To take the lead in the provision of technical advice, and counsel to staff and management, to promote and enhance the functional effectiveness, and efficiency, of business processes
What you'll bring to the table
- Experience of working within an Audit Function or similar Internal Controls Function and leading audit/assurance reviews.
- Ability to deliver quality reviews at pace
- FMCG exposure is desirable, as is experience of working in a highly regulated industry
- Strong communications skills both written and oral including the ability to analyse data and develop powerful presentations
- Qualified by either a financial accreditation body ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or IIA
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience of conducting project assurance work/technology audits advantageous but not essential
- Comfortable with using technology
- Confident, motivated, autonomous approach to working.
- Ability to lead through influence
- Big picture appreciation of strategy & business drivers
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive benefits scheme, 26 days of annual leave and a rather generous pension scheme. We’ll give you all of the kit and tools needed to succeed, and if you’d like to know more about what it’s like to work at Camelot check out this video.