BI/MI Functional Consultant
Camelot Group (Home of The National Lottery) are looking for a new BI (Business Intelligence) Functional Consultant within our Business Intelligence Team. Therefore if you're looking to be part of an elite BI team, working alongside some of the most skilled and innovative technology professionals whilst liaising with the wider business - then this role could be for you! The ideal skills for this role will be a blend of both BA (Business Analyst) skills such as requirement gathering and technical ability with Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects.
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.850 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- Liaise with the wider business to perform analysis and investigate complex business problems and specify resolutions and improvements
- Manage cross functional stakeholder teams, running requirements workshops and ensuring desired outcomes are achieved
- Produce and update Conceptual Data Models for new and changed entities
- Maintain a schedule of activities in conjunction with the supported business areas, ensuring plans are agreed and communicated regularly
- Using your technical and functional expertise to map requirements in order to source data items and transformations for Reporting, Visualisation, ETL and Data structure design
- Work closely with the rest of the BI/MI team to ensure that developers understand what is required of them and run fortnightly BI steering meetings
- Work closely with our Enterprise data architect, to ensure that our requirements, design and documentation follow best practice and our BI future architectural road map and are kept up to date.
- Work closely with The Customer, Communication & Strategy Team within IT to ensure consistency of communication approach and balance of work load with other technical teams
- Build knowledge of Camelot’s systems and processes, identifying improvements to our Team’s processes, activities and standards
What you'll bring to the table
- Demonstrable experience of Business Analysis and requirements gathering and the desire/ability to work with people at all levels of the business
- Experience producing or using Conceptual data models
- Understanding of database concepts and structures
- Highly IT literate with the use of advanced functions of Excel or a similar Spreadsheet
- Experience using or developing with Reporting and Analytical tools such as Business Objects or Qlik Sense
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.