Technical Accountant - IFRS 16 Implementation - 6 Month FTC
We're currently recruiting for a Technical Accountant to join our fantastic Finance Team on a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting with the delivery of IFRS 16 (Leases) implementation project.
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have over 10.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions
How You'll Make a Difference
- Support with delivering a high profile project (IFRS 16) to the Finance Leadership Team and Audit Committee.
- Undertake a detailed review of all CUKL operating leases to determine if they should be disclosed under IFRS 16 Leases accounting standard. Calculate the impact of each leases both under IFRS 16 and existing operating leases approach.
- Support with Executive Committee, Audit Committee/Board paper preparation on the implementation of IFRS 16 for CUKL and PLUK Group.
What You'll Bring To The Table
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified
- Strong external reporting experience (ideally with audit background)
- Must be familiar with technical accounting treatment and application of IFRS 16 Leases on financial statements
- Proven track record of delivering a high profile finance project
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of using SAP desirable
- Must be resilient and resourceful to mine for underlying data
- Advanced excel skills desirable
- Must be self-motivated and self-starting with ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyse and interpret data effectively
- Strives for excellence
What we'll give you
We look after our people. There’s 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.