QA Environment Analyst
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference?
- Support and maintain Camelot’s Test Environments
- Provide application support for Camelot’s QA Team, supporting new projects from development all the way through to Production
- Ensuring that environments are configured as per the QA test specifications
- Performing software deployment activities
- Assisting the QA team in investigating errors found in deployments and providing first line support for defect triages
- Creating and maintaining users of the environment, including access and privileges
- Maintaining the environments during periods of non-usage to maintain a production like state
- Work with QA teams to further the automated deployment process and strategic move towards Continuous Integration (CI)
- Develop Key Performance indicators (KPI's) to track efficiency of test environment delivery efforts
- Create and maintain environment roadmaps and plans to deliver test environments
- Coordination with stakeholders (internal and external) as to the availability of test environments
- Communicate test environment availability to project management and quality assurance teams
- Schedule downtime with stakeholders in periods of low usage to minimise impact to ongoing testing activities
What you'll bring to the table?
- Good Knowledge in web application technologies, particularly, Java, Apache and Tomcat
- Experience of working with Linux, AIX and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge and experience of SQL across various database implementations, including DB2 and MySQL
- Understanding of IT security concepts
- Understanding of different operating systems (Windows / UNIX)
- Appreciation of different delivery models (Agile/Waterfall) and the effect that utilising these models might have on the requirements of the Test Environments
- Understanding of code branching techniques
- Awareness of development tools used in software development (Jenkins/GIT/Subversion)
- Ability to write SQL queries, desirable
What we’ll give you?
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.