CRM Strategy & Planning Manager
With more than 11 million registered digital players, the scope for personalised user experiences at Camelot are enormous. If you have a background of creating contact strategies across multi-channels to segmented audiences that drive both player engagement and commercial targets across digital and retail player groups, we would love to hear from you!
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.850 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
To deliver planned uplift in Digital revenue over the coming years, we will need to become more progressive and sophisticated in how we communicate with our players, including:
- Audience segmentation
- Content strategy
- How we use channels of communication (inbound / outbound, owned and paid) to reach the right audience with the right message at the right time
The CRM Strategy & Planning team exists to understand and drive forward the best value-add opportunities available (now and in future) for tailoring our experience and communications to different audiences – the right message to the right player at the right time through the right channel(s) – leveraging new data and CRM platform / channel capability, to optimise desired perception and behaviour change amongst players, and ultimately optimise business revenues.
What you'll bring to the table
- Develop a documented audit of opportunities (current and future) to tailor experience to different players, including
- ways in which data (including GDPR considerations) and channels (outbound or inbound; owned or paid) can / could be used, and
- The National Lottery (TNL) product / brand messages which might appeal to different audiences.
- Develop a documented audience strategy audit for key segments across a number of segmentations (for example behavioural, attitudinal, motivational, value, demographic, lifecycle) – covering
- the “as is” experience they receive from TNL,
- the profile of each segment (all usable insights associated with each segment),
- their needs and the degree to which they are met by TNL across product, experience, and communications
- a desired end state where TNL provides the ultimate tailored experience to meet customer needs
- the value opportunity associated with driving perception and behaviour change with each segment
- ideal pragmatic milestones towards the end state, taking into account what will be delivered through various TNL strategic roadmaps to facilitate this over time
- Create and manage a backlog of strategic hypotheses covering content/experience and audiences, to be tested across available/priority channels, and oversee the briefing of these into the Digital function.
- Include within this a view on the use of promotional incentives.
- Identify and manage through pre-test research to validate hypotheses where possible, working with the Strategy, Data & Insight team
- Include a view of expected business benefits to be delivered from the activity
- Assess and share results of test activity once available, and identify / brief optimisation activities accordingly.
- Own the end-to-end management of (at least) one quarterly campaign briefing response over the course of the year, ensuring:
- Segmented approaches are properly briefed so that there is a documented solution for all necessary segments in the initial briefing;
- Digital-only campaign requirements are fully catered to in the process;
- Through-the-line campaign messages are given appropriate exposure across channels and audiences
- The channel response includes a view on the “ideal” cross-channel approach, versus a committed “practical” plan which will be executed, based on resource bandwidth / budgets
- Document suggested improvements to the Campaign Development process, which will ensure that the Digital team’s needs are increasingly met, and that the process itself becomes increasingly player-centric.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.