Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
The Systems Engineer role works closely with clients and IT team members to understand the stakeholder requirements that drive design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be compliant with Camelot IT strategy and architectural standards.
What you'll bring to the table
- Administer Linux and container-based system landscapes as well as storage hardware
- Ensure the secure operation of our software development process by operating and improving the underlying infrastructure
- Contribute new creative ideas for the further development and enhancement of our networks and operational systems
- Evangelise the value of Agile working and cross-functional collaboration
- Help Camelot evolve it's devops processes - standardising build, deploy , test, release and monitoring stack and frameworks.
- Server and storage hardware and OS support (RHEL, VMWare, Blade server, SAN hardware, LDAP)
- Ability to code and script (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, Java)
- Enthusiasm and competency for process re-engineering
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools (e.g. Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Swarm, Squid)
- Experience of design and implementation of cloud services, preferably AWS
- Experience with systems, storage, networking and operations (OS, Firewalls, Load balancers, DNS, SAN)
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.