Systems Automation Engineer
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
The Infrastructure team provides a technical services centre of excellence for the gaming and business platforms on a 24 *7 * 365 basis to support the complete installed IT base for both Live Production services and the complete Project Lifecycle.
What you'll bring to the table
- Enthusiasm and competency for process re-engineering and technology innovation
- Excellent knowledge of automation concepts and technologies
- Excellent knowledge of systems monitoring concepts and technologies
- Strong knowledge of scripting with some programming (Shell, Perl, Java, Python)
- Competence around system provisioning and management tools
- Understanding of web application technologies
- Knowledge of Unix (ideally AIX), Linux and Windows operating systems
- Understanding of security concepts
- Basic TCP/IP networking and DNS knowledge
- Experience of working with suppliers to deliver technical implementations
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.