QA - Head of Automation
Camelot Group: Home of The National Lottery are looking for a Head of Automation within our newly formed Quality Assurance function. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and line management of the Automation QA team; upholding the reputation of one of the largest brands in the UK.
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
The Primary objective of this department is to provide an assurance that Camelot UK systems meet the full requirements of the intended user as well as to maintain the quality of Camelot UK products by:
- Managing the complete Automation Test functions across the full software life cycle, for a multi layered tech stack
- Building, mentoring, training and leading the Automation Test work streams
- Automation PoC to select appropriate Automation tools for projects
- Working closely with the QA Environments Manager to automate releases, deployments and health checks of Test environments
- Scheduling and driving Automation testing across Pre-SIT, CAT and UAT/BAT Test phases across multiple functions in the business, (Gaming, Non-Gaming and IWG).
- Assisting the Head of QA with on-going execution and delivery of the test strategy.
What you'll bring to the table
- Experience in a Programme/Portfolio Test Manager role
- The ability to work effectively with offshore teams. Providing leadership and guidance whilst demonstrating an appreciation of the challenges for remote teams
- Proven record in leading and coaching teams of QA specialists on projects, to strict timescales
- Proven ability to plan release testing across multiple environments
- Must have the capability to manage stakeholders across all levels and ensure testing is appropriately considered
- Must have experience of managing testing for multiple Agile work-streams delivering into combined releases
- Experience in test transformation projects (i.e., shaping, establishing and moving an organisation to an improved test approach, practices and procedures)
- Industry recognised software testing qualifications such as ISEB/ISTQB
- Past experience in the use of test automation tools for different types of test automation such as: Selenium or Appium
- A good understanding of development or test Automation tools/frameworks such as: Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium Grid, Junit, SOAP-UI, Eclipse, Jenkins, CA-Lisa, Ant, Maven, Visual Studio, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA
- Experience of TDD, BDD and Shift Left concepts.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.