Desktop Support Engineer
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference?
- Work with internal business customers and IT departments to implement IT solutions according to the defined timescales agreed within project plans
- Create/ update clear and concise documentation and processes for runbook operations which can be performed by the Service Desk, providing training and ongoing support to the Service Desk as part of the handover of these runbook operations
- Attend regular team meetings (daily/ weekly as directed by the Desktop Services Team Leader) to share information regards open tickets and project activity
- Proactively engage Camelot UK users regarding their end-user computing support needs by encouraging drop-ins and by performing floorwalking to help users get the best out of their IT equipment
- As and when directed by the Desktop Services Team Leader, collaborate with other Desktop Support Engineers and technical staff to provide informative and educational briefings/ demonstrations to Camelot UK users (i.e. lunch & learn sessions, drop-in clinics, etc.)
- Work with the Desktop Services Team Leader to manage the ticket queue, ensuring all tickets are kept up to date and the business users are aware of the status if their ticket
- When demand dictates the need, support the Service Desk by taking inbound telephone calls or performing call backs acting in a 1st/ 2nd line capacity
- Act as a role model and seek to help others develop their technical and customer relationship skills, to help share knowledge with other Desktop Support Engineers and to help Service Desk Analysts to progress
- Make recommendations on how service levels and infrastructure working practices may be improved to enhance productivity or reduce downtime
- As directed by the Desktop Services Team Leader, provide out of hours 2nd and 3rd level support to Camelot IT systems via telephone / remote access to the systems to resolve the issue or attend onsite if unable to resolve the issue
What you'll bring to the table?
- In depth knowledge of Wintel PC-level based hardware, software and networking; specifically, current operating systems and hardware platforms.
- Moderate knowledge of Mac OS and Apple hardware and applications.
- Configuring, deploying and supporting IOS and Android devices.
- In depth knowledge of corporate G-Suite productivity and collaboration applications.
- At least one previous role experience of supporting users in VPNs/Remote access (Cisco Anyconnect and RSA SecureID).
- At least two previous roles with responsibility for troubleshooting / diagnosing issues with various printer manufactures and types.
- At least two previous roles providing technical support of Microsoft Office suite, including Visio and Project.
- Ability to identify operational tasks which are suitable for delegation to the Service Desk, with the capability to document processes in a Runbook style and to train Service Desk staff to follow instructions.
- Experience of working in ITIL-based support environments.
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to end-users.
- Self-starting, proactively seeking opportunities to provide desktop support to Camelot UK’s end users.
- Ability to use online tools such as TechNet to resolve issues and problems.
What we’ll give you?
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.