HR Operations Manager (Maternity Cover, 12 Months)
We are looking for
Managing a team of 6 people which includes our in-house payroll team (x2), 2 x HR assistants and 2 x HR Administrators, the team play a fundamental part of the employee lifecycle.
Why work at Camelot?
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
Ultimately the biggest difference you will make is to ensure the timely and successful running of our payroll and ensure the processes to get to this point every month is robust and clear in terms of accountabilities. Our system integration with our provider is developing well but this will need continual review and development to ensure we are getting the best of them and ensure it delivers what we need it to do.
You will also play a huge part in building ways of working with a fairly new team, ensuring each member is motivated, with clear responsibilities about how they deliver your vision.
You will also make a huge difference in your approach to how the team is run, from efficiencies regarding process, how they work with the rest of the HR team and their service delivery commitments. There is a lot to do in 12 months. No two days are the same and if you get it right, it will be a rewarding project for you and something which will add incredible value for the HR team.
What you'll bring to the table
- Experience managing the HR Operations (We are nearly 1000 strong, so similar numbers would be ideal) which includes payroll, HR Administration and HR Systems.
- We use CoreHR as our HR/Payroll System, if you have experience using this product that would be amazing, but experience using HR systems is a must.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with Finance, wider HR teams and third party providers to deliver the operations.
- Experience in managing and maintaining HR operations.
- You'll have experience in the re-designing and creation of HR processes.
- You're an inspiring leader and are great at developing your people.
- You're fabulous at building relationships with people of all levels and you're an excellent communicator.
- You're a digital native, technology doesn't phase you and you will have led or been involved in a HR system implementation.
- You're the type of person who makes things happen and gets things done.
- You'll understand the importance of compliance and control.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.