People Operations Manager
Having the right operations and integrity underpins our people experience. Sounds grand, but its the truth. We have taken great strides over the past year and there is lots to focus on the years ahead.
Our People Operations Manager (You may call it HR Operations Manager) will report to the Head of People Services and will be managing an immediate team of 4 and be the point of call for all escalation points in the employee journey. You'll also work hand in hand with our payroll team ensuring the right information flows between the teams and to ensure we have the right information ready for sign off.
Why work at Camelot?
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.850 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- national-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK's top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK's biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
You will manage and inspire the HR operations team to deliver the cyclical activities the People Services team carries out every month. You will also be a key liaison with the payroll team, ensuring all the activities and checks are completed prior to cut off. Your long term legacy will be getting the team working to better processes and ensure there is a smooth and systematic approach to how we deliver the HR Operation activities on a weekly and monthly basis.
What you'll bring to the table
- Previous experience working within a fast paced HR Operations team is essential as well as being on a short notice period or available immediately.
- Team management experience is ideal. They are a great bunch and work incredibly hard everyday to get things right.
- The ability to challenge our processes. It's not necessarily about streamlining, its about questioning do we have the right level of assurance and documentation of our key processes and processes we go onto devise.
- Working with a HRIS: Experience with CoreHR would be a massive bonus, but theoretically they all do the same thing.
- Experience of working with payroll teams is important - you will be the key to this relationship working and need to understand their processes in order to be effective.
- In the detail - there is a lot of detail with this role - someone who has the ability to process this information in the right way and decipher the right actions will ultimately be successful.
- Relationship driven - you are the buffer between a number of departments, both internally and into the organisation.
- You LOVE detail and you'll LOVE process. (It's a given with this role).
- If you've worked within a regulatory/compliance environment, that would a huge plus. There are a number of roles in the organisation that require enhanced screening and managing this process is a huge activity for this person.