Camelot Group (Operators of The National Lottery) are looking for a Data Scientist to join an established, high performing, Data and Insight Team.
Therefore if you're looking for the next step in your career into a large established organisation with an enourmous customer base - this could be the role for you!
Why work at Camelot?
Camelot is the home of The National Lottery. We currently turnover around £7billion per year across both retail and digital channels and we do this with a workforce of less than 1000 people - this means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- Use Data Science tools and techniques to analyse transactional, player and retailer datasets in order to identify value generating opportunities for Players and Good Causes
- Communicate in visual and compelling ways to influence the organisation to take action in order to realise the value from the insight created
- Use data and insight to personalise the experience for Players on mobile, online, in retail and in email communications
What you'll bring to the table
- Masters or PHD in mathematics, statistics, computer science (or a related field) or significant “hands-on” experience specifically in “Big Data / Hadoop” environments
- Typically requires 3 or more years’ experience of relevant analytics, quantitative and qualitative research
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques and highly proficient in the use of statistical packages
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets
- Strong programming skills such as:
- Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, Java, Scala, Python, Talend, Hive, Apache Drills (or other big data frameworks);
- Statistical modelling: SAS, R and Machine Learning Algorithms
- Proficient in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting, predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimisation algorithms
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of annual leave and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. We’ll give you all of the kit and tools needed to succeed.