Head of Retail Operations
Following an internal promotion Camelot are looking for a Head of Retail Operations to deliver outstanding experiences for our 44,000 retail partners. Looking after a Retail Operations team of ten in a wider Retail department of more than 150, this person will have an outstanding breadth and depth of experience in Retail, ranging across Customer Service, Brand & Category and Data & Insight.
If you would thrive on the challenge to drive strong retailer engagement, deliver best in class sales toolkits and make sure that each of our 44,000 retail partners have terminals that are live and ready for action, we would love to hear from you!
Why work at Camelot?
Camelot is the home of The National Lottery. We currently turnover around £7billion per year across both retail and digital channels and we do this with a workforce of less than 1000 people - this means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a differenceThis role supports the Retail channel in the achievement of it’s strategic objectives and is the key interface with a wide range of functions across the business, ensuring that the voice of Retail is represented across all departments and projects, putting the retailer at the heart of decision making.
What you'll bring to the table
- Drive positive retailer engagement scores
- Ensure that our retail partners have at least 44,000 live terminals at year end
- Deliver recommendations to the business for retail ‘activation & navigation’
- Chair of 2 senior cross-functional forums (Retailer Customer Service Forum and Activation & Navigation)
- Ensure retailers are in a position to be compliant with regulatory requirements
- Deliver best in class sales toolkits across Field Sales and National Accounts teams
- Lead Annual Business Planning process for Retail in 19/20 with output of a clear strategy, plans and costs
- Fosters excellent cross departmental relationships to forge better future plans and resolve current issues
- Solutions and continuous improvement mind-set
- Strong attention to detail and results delivery
- Strong and proven team leadership skills
- Strong and proven presentation skills
- Ability to think and act independently to develop current and future plans
- Proven understanding of supplier’s and customer’s needs, business strategy and operations
- Demonstrable knowledge of customer competitors and Camelot competitors
- Previous experience of developing category and brand plans in a retail environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of the retail marketplace
- Proven verbal and written communication skills including report writing at all levels
- Proven ability to analyse financial and business performance providing insight and recommendations to customers and decision makers.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of annual leave and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. We’ll give you all of the kit and tools needed to succeed. If you’d like to know more about what it’s like to work at Camelot, check out this video.