Team Manager - Sales
We're recruiting for a Team Manager who will lead and develop our Operation Sales Team and help grow The National Lottery returns to good causes by providing pro-active support to all our retailers to help them optimise sales opportunities.
Why work at Camelot?
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
- Lead, develop, coach and manage the team in line with the Customer Operations strategy to maximise sales per terminal
- Plan and implement campaigns to deliver maximum benefit to good causes and customer operations
- Conduct regular performance analysis in respect of team performance and implement appropriate improvements
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plans focusing on areas that increase sales and manage and improve the performance of operational processes and working practices
- Ensure all agreed departmental KPIs are achieved
- Demonstrate effective management, re-assigning resources and skills daily to ensure that outbound targets are achieved
- Develop cross functional relationships to ensure an aligned approach to sales initiatives to ensure retailer engagement is maintained
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining relevant product knowledge and expertise across the team
- Ensure ongoing people development with your team, including robust induction process, regular coaching and PDP opportunities
- Manage and resolve complaints, escalating them where necessary implementing the resulting improvement actions
What you'll bring to the table
- Has a solid understanding of business, competitors, current market challenges and economic / market issues
- Plans and executes a complex new business development process
- Understands and applies the new business development process, and may help colleagues identify, develop and prioritise opportunities
- Understands prospect/account needs and explains product/service value
- Uses judgment, discretion and creativity to persuade prospects/customers to adopt a favourable view and decide to promote the product/service and ensure their satisfaction
What we'll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.