Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference?
- Define the physical solution and technical designs to meet Camelot UK business requirements
- Defining current and future architectures for our Gaming and Cloud platforms
- Analyse business requirements and problems, translating into functional and technical design specifications
- Infrastructure design HLD and LLD, including the types of data, components and tools
- Capacity planning, sizing, cluster high availability planning & designing, security, data migration, infrastructure building and support
- Design of Camelot’s Cloud environments with a focus on AWS and demonstrate Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge
What you'll bring to the table?
- 4+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on AWS, cloud, server, storage and networking
- Proven experience developing strategic system architecture plans
- Extensive experience in system and network creation and development
- Expert knowledge of datacenter technologies - LAN, SAN, DNS, network load balancers, server virtualisation (ESX), Linux/Unix, Windows
- Excellent working knowledge of cloud infrastructure concepts and design (AWS)
- Above-average analytical, conceptual and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Experience conducting technology, trends, standards and products research
- Solid track record in prioritising and executing tasks when under extreme pressure
- Experience providing guidance and leadership to other technical resource
- Proven experience identifying, analyzing and resolving system problems
What we’ll give you?
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.