Big Data Specialist
Camelot Group (Home of The National Lottery) are looking for a new Big Data Specialist within our Business Intelligence Team. Do you want to be part of an elite BI Team and work alongside some of the most skilled and innovative Technology Professionals? You'll be responsible for providing factually accurate, consistent and timely data giving Camelot the ability to make data driven business decisions.
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.850 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- Be a Big Data Champion; taking a leading role in the architecting, planning, installation, integration, operation, optimization and continuous development of our Big Data platform whilst keeping pace with new technologies
- Implement best practice and standardisation of data input streams
- Support a data driven approach to customer interaction and business design
- Support our data structures, BI, CRM and Visualisation tools on a day to day basis
- Work closely with external BI and application vendors/contractors to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and flexible for the future
- Peer review the code and solutions of your colleagues to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Provide out of hours support for our Business Critical data loads and systems
- Develop an in depth understanding of our data sets, so that you can support the Insight team and wider business with queries about how our data functions and deliver ad-hoc data requests via ETL or free hand SQL
What you'll bring to the table
- At least two years experience working on a Big Data platforms; covering design, development, deployment and production support
- Big Data analysis skills (MapR, Talend, Stream, Spark, Hadoop ecosystems)
- Experience of Lambda architecture and an understanding of the benefits of use in a high data volume environment
- Experience of ETL design, development and deployment (using Business Objects Data Services)
- Strong skills in SQL and Business Objects
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of database design principles and effective, efficient data structures
- Ability to understand and map complex business processes
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS in an AWS environment
- Track record of working in Operational Support teams
- Delivers early and iterates to world class performance
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.