Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Our IT department is growing and we need someone to take a leading role in the continuous development of our IT infrastructure, supporting the whole company and helping us to change lives.
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
You will play a key role in our re-platforming and PAAS design on Cloud (AWS), providing effective architectural design and implementation of automated infrastructure across Camelot’s cloud and on-premise estates.You will maximise Stability, Scalability, Performance and Security of Platform, as well as being a champion for standardised approaches to tooling for applications and a passion for the change DevOps can bring.
What you'll bring to the table
- Take a leading role in the architecting, planning, installation, integration, operation, optimization and continuous development of our IT-infrastructure
- Administer Linux and container based system landscapes
- Contribute new creative ideas for the further development and enhancement of our operational systems, networks and infrastructure
- Design and Operate networks and platform compliant with our high security requirements, evolving alongside the threat.
- Evangelise the value of Agile working and cross-functional collaboration
- Help Camelot create and evolve it's devops processes - standardising build, deploy, test, release, SDN and monitoring stacks, processes and frameworks.
What we'll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.