Camelot Group, home of The National Lottery are looking for a Security Analyst to join our Award Winning Information Security Team. If you have a background in Security Operation Center (SOC) you could be ideal for this exciting new role!
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- Mentoring SOC team
- Leading daily, weekly, monthly checks and ensuring they take place
- Threat hunting, tracking down the source of these.
- Chasing the hidden bad events during an incident
- Advanced troubleshooting and investigations
- Continuous improvement of SOC technology and processes
- Support Information Security Manager role
What you'll bring to the table
- A wealth of experience in a technically focused security role with ideally at least two years working in a SOC environment
- Key experiences in handling incidents and threat / vulnerability hunting within the infrastructure
- Experienced in writing scripts in *nix and / or windows environments at an intermediate – advanced level
- Ability to code in python (or similar language) to an intermediate level or practical experience of data science and understanding of data science theory would be ideal
- Experience of other security technologies including but not limited to file integrity management, hardware security modules and malware detection and response tools
- Lead on cyber incident response
- Undertaking tasks in support of the security architecture function, primarily conducting technical risk assessments of changes proposed by projects or as part of BAU
- Confident skills running tools like Nmap, Nessus, Wireshark.
- Also confident reading and analysing netflow / pcaps or at least three years' experience in using a SIEM, experience configuring and tuning alerts and alarms and ingesting new log sources
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, Routing and DNS. Good understanding of network security including but not limited to firewalls and IPS. (The firewalls themselves are managed by a separate team).
- Basic understanding of PCI-DSS and ISO27001
- Ability to work on an on-call basis (usually 1 week on, 2-3 weeks off)
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.