Data Protection Officer
We've have made strong progress through the implementation of our GDPR programme very much focused on looking forward and what this means for us in the months and years ahead. We appointed an interim DPO to carry out this work for us with good progress being made. We are now looking to appoint a permanent successor and take on the challenge of Data Protection and privacy across the organisation.
The role will work in Legal team and reports to the Legal Director who is our Company Secretary. The role is based in ourWatford office. We will of course be flexible on working options, but being in the office is just as important due to relationship nature of the role.
Why work at Camelot?
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK's top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK's biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
You will lead our data protection strategy and implementation to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements. However what this encompasses is the real challenge. Developing design privacy thinking is a huge task and ensuring everyone adopts this approach to new ideas and propositions is key.
The biggest challenge will be understanding the data flow across the business; who has access to this data and how they can access this data.
What you'll bring to the table
- The role sits within our Legal Experience in a similar role is really important. This is a leadership role in our business so you have to demonstrate your leadership experience in Data Protection/Privacy.
- Previous experience within legal/compliance roles with a focus on privacy and data protection.
- You will be working in a sector with a sizeable customer base: retail, travel, pure play digital, telecommunications - you will demonstrate you have worked with scale.
- A full understanding of, and appropriate demonstrable experience, in all aspects of UK data protection law
- An understanding of European and international data protection law;
- An in-depth knowledge of the GDPR;
- Ideally the CIPP/E and/or CIPM qualification(s) from the International Association of Privacy Professionals, and
- An ability to quickly develop a full understanding of the National Lottery and of Camelot's information systems and its data security and data protection needs.
What we'll give you
We look after our people. There's a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we'll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.