Front End Developer
The Digital function at Camelot has an opportunity for a Front End Developer to build some of the most visited web pages and apps in the UK. If you are passionate about creating slick code and using best development practices, we would love to hear from you.
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.850 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have more than 11 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
This role is responsible for building the product front-end code across the Camelot digital landscape, including The National Lottery website, mobile apps, and internal applications.
This Front End Developer will sit within our team of wider Front-End developers and report into the Team Lead with a specific focus on building and deploying MVT A/B campaigns to improve the user experience, while also supporting the wider production dev team on projects and BAU campaign work.
You will then be responsible for coding tests using a software tool, in order to maximise the return for any experiential enhancements made across the all global markets.
What you'll bring to the table
- Work closely with the design team to ensure that design and experience concepts are technically feasible and can be built accessibly
- Take signed-off designs and optimise all assets to be production ready
- Code pages, features, and applications for the website platform
- Test all code against Camelot’s supported browser matrix
- Maintain the front-end coding standards across the Camelot portfolio (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Work closely with Camelot Global to ensure front-end standards are upheld during integration
- Conduct impact assessments for projects and initiatives to ensure page development issues and risks are escalated accordingly
- Review HTML coding standards to ensure they are kept inline with Camelot’s business specifications and industry standards. Publicise the availability of and any updates to these standards within the wider developer community.
- Ensure flawless design and execution of tests (All tests begin with a well-crafted hypothesis and have clear measurements of success and metrics designed to answer hypotheses)
- Identify optimisation opportunities across the digital estate in order to enhance the online experience and improve key metrics (Conversion, AOV, departure, clicks)
- Responsible for the implementation of testing initiatives, using Adobe Tooling to ensure best practice development techniques are used
- Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting testing (MVT & A/B) to identify and resolve any adverse effects the tests have on the digital estate
- Assist in analysing tests, producing reports on the key metrics and determining the ROI and Projections for the initiative
- Responsible for close collaboration with key stakeholders across the business to work through the digital vision, providing optimisation guidance and support on technical options
- Experience manipulating XML and JSON
- Understanding and experience of conducting MVT and A/B testing
- Appreciation of platform and browser variations
- Ability to debug code within the browser.
- Maintain high standards of clean code.
- Ability to assess requirements, and proactively identify risks or improvements that impact A/B and MVTs
- Ability to follow wireframe designs and identify any developmental risks, issues or constraints.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic Agile environment
- Evidence of past coding experience (GitHub profiles will be beneficial)
- Experience of working with websites on mobile devices.
- Experience of working with multiple teams to deliver solutions.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.