QA - Head of Testing Environment
Camelot Group: Home of The National Lottery are looking for a Head of Testing Environment. Interested? Please see and apply below.
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
The Camelot UK, (CUK), Quality Assurance department is a newly formed function within CUK. The Primary objective of this department is to provide an assurance that Camelot UK systems meet the full requirements of the intended user as well as to maintain the quality of Camelot UK products.
What you'll bring to the table
- This position will be responsible for the deployment life cycle, environment planning and overall coordination/prioritisation of numerous environments, working with Test Managers and Senior Stakeholders, (internal and external) on a regular basis.
- Will need to build a view of demands for environments and understand the profile of each projects delivery approach. This will involve contingency planning where projects look like they may overrun at any particular stage, mediate any environment conflicts and prioritise demand for the environments.
- Will also need to liaise frequently with project and development teams to monitor availability of the environments.
- Extensive experience of organising and coordinating multiple environments within the Financial Services or gaming Industry.
- Manage and own the environment plan to meet the demands of the delivery of Change Initiatives and Projects.
- Manage the test environment configuration, deployment, releases and test activities required to provide a stable test platform.
- Document environments and underlying components to appropriate standards including integration points - documentation and communication skills are key in this role.
- A strong understanding of the full SDLC - preferably some experience in product support/development in early career.
- Knowledge of Jira would be highlight beneficial but not essential.
- Good IT and stakeholder management skills.
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.