Desktop Team Lead
We're on the hunt for a Desktop Team Lead to ensure the Desktop Team provides an excellent level of service to all Camelot desktop & laptop users.
Who we are -
- The National Lottery makes games that change lives by rewarding winners and investing in communities the length and breadth of the UK. On average, we give a staggering £30million every week to National Lottery funded projects
- We currently turnover in excess of £7billion per year with plans to grow to £9billion by 2020 (scary but achievable we think!). It may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.800 people. This means that every one of us has a real opportunity to make a life changing impact.
- We run the world’s most successful lottery website and operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you’ll make a difference -
- Manage and develop our fantastic Desktop Team.
- Work with the end users, understanding their requirements and determining how best to deliver them.
- Seek out new technologies and systems to improve the service provided by the team. Partnewith the Information Security Team to ensure that the necessary level of patching is maintained.
- Ensure desktop related incidents are resolved within SLA.
- Implement and execute a patching policy for Windows & Mac machines
What you’ll bring to the table -
- Requires in-depth technical knowledge and experience around Windows 10 and Mac OS 10.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for colleagues.
- Can solve complex technical problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions, occasionally identifying innovative solutions
- Has experience of working with Jamf (for Macs) and Altiris (for Windows).
- Is accountable for small technical projects or programmes with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Assists with the development of strategies and policies aimed at the continuous improvement of own work area
- Has the customer at the heart of decisions.
- Actively seeks out new ideas and new solutions to problems.
- And last, but by no means least... Has a great sense of humour!
How about a day a month dedicated to your personal development? That's right, we'll give you 12 dedicated days to help you grow with us! We're also offering a competitive annual bonus, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme (for those planning a better tomorrow!).