We are looking for a strategic Channel Manager to join our senior leadership team at Camelot. The Channel Manager is responsible for developing and delivering a strategy that will support the growth of sales within a designated channel, and leading and developing a strong team.
- Camelot changes lives. Just ask the National Lottery winners, good causes we work with or any of our staff!
- We currently turnover in excess of £7billion per year with plans to grow. It may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.800 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and makes a difference.
- On average, we give over £30million every week to good causes (Pudsey Bear, eat your heart out!)
- We run the world’s most successful lottery website and operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
You will be responsible to develop and deliver the strategy for growing Camelot’s business in the relevant retail channel. To provide direction, leadership and motivation for the Business Development Managers & Business Development Executives to achieve sales, profit and National Lottery Distribution Fund contribution targets.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Demonstrable strategic agility and ability to convert insight into strategies and plans for the channel, as well as executing those plans.
- Proven ability to manage multiple retailer relationships at a director level.
- Proven track record of leading, coaching and developing sales teams, as well as delivering strong results through others.
- Strong negotiating skills and experience of dealing with major multiple retailers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and future technological developments for retail and their use.
- Proven understanding of retailer needs, business strategy and operations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of retailer’s competitors and Camelot’s competitors.
- Proven ability to manage retailer relationships at local, regional and national level.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the retail marketplace.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the relevant retail channel.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Proven knowledge of sales impact analysis and achievement of Return on Investment.
- Proven ability to successfully interact with and manage customers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of revenue and cost.
- Proven ability to analyse financial and business performance providing insight and recommendations to customers and decision makers.
As a gaming company, we are serious about play so those without a sense of fun in the workplace need not apply! We think that ultimately this is a great opportunity for someone to make a real impact on our business.