Head of Behavioural Science
The continual success of The National Lottery games will depend on how well we know our customers and deliver experience which match their expectations. Using behavioural sciences will play a key role in understanding our customers further in order to shape our games and experiences for them.
- Camelot changes lives. Just ask the National Lottery winners, good causes we work with or any of our staff!
- The National Lottery players have supported over 500,000 projects across the UK within Sports, Culture, Media, Communities, Health and Education.
- On average, we give £30million every week to good causes and we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and makes a difference.
- We run the world's most successful lottery website and operate four of the UK's biggest FMCG brands including Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
Through the application of insights from the Behavioural Sciences to our understanding of customers and thereby the optimisation of our operational performance. In practice this means playing a key and pioneering role in developing and delivering our customer research agenda and implementing those insights into the business.
What you'll bring to the table
- PhD or Master Degree in the field of Behavioural Science or another quantitative subject where you’ve taken modules or researched human decision-making
- Statistical and data handling knowledge, including the ability to use software packages such as Stata, R, Python and Matlab.
- Experience operating within a commercial environment - demonstrating the value of behavioural science in terms of ROI will be important.
- Particularly expertise in conducting randomised controlled field trials and/or building models of consumer behaviour using large scale data
- Leadership skills and the necessary experience to design, structure and deliver complex multi-stage research projects
- The ability to then build and foster partnerships with relevant external research organisations and other thought leaders
- Communication skills for presenting to large audiences and representing your work to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven record of applying academic research to the design of products, services, policies, and/or communications
What we'll give you
How about a day a month dedicated to your personal development? That's right, we'll give you 12 dedicated days to help you grow with us. We're also offering a competitive bonus, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme (for those planning a better tomorrow!).
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!