Senior Games Accountant
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Gaming Accountant to play a pivotal role in our Finance department. You will be responsible for maintaining the control environment surrounding Camelot’s financial records under the Licence and in accordance with the Trust Deed. The Financial Accounting Department ensures the business maintains robust accounting and reporting processes
Why work at Camelot?
- We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
- Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
- National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference...
Ensuring accurate delivery of financial targets including profitability and returns to Good Causes.
What you'll bring to the table...
- Ownership of finance matters in relation to the trust deed and associated legal documentation. Be recognised internally and externally as Camelots financial lead for the Gambling Commission and on Trust Deed matters.
- Ownership of games implementation and games process flow. Main contact for sales and marketing on initiation of new games.
- Incorporate all lottery games and channels, any Licence/Trust Deed variations into the relevant financial reporting processes.
- Input into any Trust variations required by Camelot.
- Develop, document and implement Group accounting policies to ensure adherence to all relevant accounting standards and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Support the Financial Accounting Manager in preparation of interim, annual and ad-hoc reports for regulator.
- Provide requested information and resolve regulator queries.
- Work alongside key stakeholders in Legal and Regulation on all Trust and Gambling Commission matters.
- Liaise with other departments as appropriate to ensure that all relevant considerations (legal, regulation requirements, corporation tax, VAT, lottery duty etc) have been taken into account in the financial reporting process.
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant management information to senior management, the business and third parties as required.
- Manage the period end process for the gaming side of the business. Ensuring all accounting adjustments are made, and costs are appropriately captured and reported on a periodic basis.
- Manage and provide support for one team member.
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events & a nice shiny Audi for when you're out on the road.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!