Head of Service Operations
We are looking for a Head of Service Operations to lead a team which delivers world-class IT services and solutions. They will be responsible for maintaining Camelot’s position as an extremely high-profile and trusted provider of products of the highest quality and unquestionable integrity in a heavily regulated industry.
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference
- Providing leadership, management and strategic direction to the Service Operations group within Camelot:
- Ensuring service levels to our external customers and internal business users are maintained to highest standards exceeding regulated minimum availability targets; and that the UK National Lottery Computer Operations functions are managed, 24 hrs per day 365 days per year in a secure, reliable, resilient way.
- Manage the standards, performance and availability for all IT Services.
What you'll bring to the table
- At least 3+ years in an IT Operations Management/ Leadership role
- Demonstrable in-depth understanding of recognised industry best practices and frameworks concerning IT Operations and Support (i.e. ITIL practitioner or equivalent)
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and negotiation skills
- Sound understanding of technology architecture, development and management processes
- Excellent team leadership, management and interpersonal skills (process management, time management, people management, delegation, etc.) with the ability to build and lead teams which can deliver under pressure
- Commercially astute with evidence of previous financial management (budget/ P&L) experience
What we’ll give you
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!